On February 26 and March 20, 1946, Examining Magistrate of the 3rd District in Łódź conducted court inspections of the place where, during the occupation, a camp was located, the so-called camp in Radogoszcz at the intersection of Szosa Zgierska Street and Gen. Sowińskiego Street, in the grounds of the former Abbe’s factory. The camp covers an area of about 10,000 square metres and it is surrounded by a brick fence that is 3-4 metres high. The fence is topped with 6-7 lines of barbed wire. (…). There are four sentry boxes in the four corners. They are made of brick and glass. In the yard, there are three trees and two building complexes. To the right of the entrance in Sowińskiego Street, there are the remains of the burnt building that was the main camp building. At the wall behind the main camp building, there is a one-storey building. Its walls are undamaged but its furnishings and installations have been destroyed completely. (…). The main camp building consisted of two parts: a one-storey section and a four-storey section connected by internal passages. Today, the condition of the four-storey building is as follows: only the outside walls have been preserved, and in two corners they go up to the third storey (…) Inside walls and floors have been completely destroyed and reduced to a heap of rubble. (…) Considering the remains of fittings, including kitchen stoves, washing vats, metal dishes, some elements of a central heating system, showers, and a disinfection chamber, the one-storey building must have housed the utility section of the camp (…) As it is evident from the present condition of the building, it was not burnt. Half of its roof was damaged but not by fire. Inside the building, there are clothing remains and a few dozen old enamel bowls on the floor. In the yard, in front of the windows of the one-storey building, there are weathered and blackened bones that look like human bones. In the camp grounds, 3-4 metres away from the gate to the left, there is a grave and a wooden cross. The camp grounds are completely unprotected and available to everyone. The gate is wide open. On the gate, there is a sign saying: “Ministry of Culture and Art, Department of Museums and Monuments of Polish Martyrology: A place of German crimes reserved for commemoration of the martyrdom of Poles. It is strictly forbidden to interfere in the original condition of the place”. This was the end of the inspection.
A report on court inspections of the crime scene, the building of the former prison in Radogoszcz, conducted on February 26 and March 20, 1946, on behalf of Examining Magistrate of the 3rd District of the District Court in Łódź by associate judge S. Krzyżanowska.
The District Court in Łódź. Prosecutorial files on the case against: Walter Pelzhausen, ref. no. Ld 498/28, vol. 4, pp. 208-209.